Monday, February 9, 2009

YOUR TIME IS TICK, TICK, TICKING AWAY

More point form stuff:

- So, Raising Sand won the best album award. I'm not that upset, out of the field it would have been my second or third choice. I'm kinda miffed that "Please Read The Letter" won for best record, becuase that was one of the sort-of bad moments on that album. But, "Gone, Gone, Gone" (the album's best song, in my opinion) won last year, so, I guess that's fine.

I am also fully aware that the Grammys don't mean anything, but it's still fun to dissect the results, even if I never watch the telecast.

- I watched the first part of that NBC miniseries XIII last night and it's okay (and, hey, it's got Val Kilmer). However, given that basically the only good thing about the video game was its visual style, I wonder if rotoscoping might have made the show better. Either way, it was a decent way to pass two hours and I see no reason not to watch the conclusion next Sunday.

- My computer is making a godawful buzzing noise as I type this.

Movies I've seen in theatres so far this year:

- Curious Case of Benjamin Button: It's kinda long (though it changes enough that I never got bored), it's super-sentimental and the end bit is sort of inane when you get down to it but I liked it a lot even so. The slow-mo and lens-flare antics were outside of Fincher's usual enviroment but he worked well-enough with them, and the romance in it was the sort of meta-physical, totally unrealistic nonsense that I dig. And that scene with the piano near the end (no spoilers) nearly brought me to tears.

- Taken: If you ever wanted to know what 24 would be like with Liam Neeson as Jack Bauer, this is the movie for you. The action was solid and frenetic without being confusing, Liam Neeson was a pretty convincing badass and the story was solid-if-formuliac with enough turns to keep you going. Small thing that is either a flaw or hilarious, depending on who you are: Every Arabic person is a slimy prositution runner or an evil hitman.

- I'm seeing Gran Torino on the 'morrow with some friends, it should be a fun time.

- Why, exactly, does the government give you a T4 form if you didn't pay any tax?

- Pretty boring day at school today, I have a couple of homework things to do though.

In fact, I should probably do that homework.

Comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment