Tuesday, March 3, 2009

DOOO DO DO DOOOOOO DOOOOOO DO DO DO

Last night one of the the greatest blessings of all was given to us in the form of 2 hours of 24. Here are my point form notes of every important event or piece of dialogue:



(Note: as you have probably noticed these notes don't make a lot of sense unless you saw the program, but I digress)



- Renne jumps onto a boat . . . then jumps off of it (I think this was just an excuse to get her wet).

- Why even introduce Dubacku's kid is you're gonnna kill him 20 minutes later?

- Can't Juma hire some people to do this terrorist operation for him?

- "WHERE IS THE TARGET?".

- "He was torturing Burnett . . . in the Whitehouse".

- The Whitehouse apparently only has video monitors in the saferoom.

- Very high body count this episode . . only a couple Bauers though.

- Speaking of that, Jack seems to be the only good guy who can aim for shit.

- I think everyone knows this too because the just let those two Secret Serivce dudes get locked out of the saferoom and be shot when Jack and the Prez get in.

- Bill has plot armour.

- Finally, the Chloe Vs. Janis techie catfight I was waiting for.

- Most of Juma's dudes had automatic weapons but one guy had the ultimate weapon: the tablet PC.

- "I will cut out her eyes one by one".

- God, Tony Todd has gotten fat since The Rock/Candyman.

- I get the sense that Tony isn't telling everything to Bill.

- "I'm driving off a cliff".

- Why did Juma have a picture of the Whitehouse that wasn't a blueprint or anything?

- Aaron went out like a punk.





Overall, this episode reminded me a lot of those ultra-cheesy 80's "US gets invaded by terrorists" action movies such as the pinnacle of cinema known as Invasion USA. In fact, you could just cast Chuck Norris as Jack Bauer and I'd be fooled. Also, Jon Voight's character would probably be a communist rather than an American businessman; that's progress!



Not exactly sure about my feelings towards next week. At the very least, the episode ended on a good, non-arbitrary, cliffhanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment